Old 12-05-2011, 06:13 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
Had this Cactus for about 40 years, given to me by an elderly lady who said
she could not get it to flower. The original large plant flowered a couple
of years ago whilst we were away (Sod's law!!) but now the offshoot is
flowering. Anyone with knowledge of cacti know what this is?

Unknown Cactus - a set on Flickr
It's not one of the genera I grow. It would help to have a sideways-on view of the flower - are the sepals hairy or smooth? Or do they have prickles?

My first guess would be Lobivia/Echinopsis (which are now in the same genus)

But my main reason for replying is to congratulate you and the previous owner, 'cos it's in beautiful condition!