Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default C02 coming strong, how often to test?

I started my C02 DIY last night, now I'm getting from 35-40 bubbles a
minute. The water has about 19ppm C02 right now. How often do I test for C02
levels? Every day? Every few days? The KH tester kit requires me to use
about 11 drops per test!---I don't want to buy 15 test kits

I'm noticing "pearling" (that the right word?) of the oxygen under the
leaves... so I'm really happy. I can't believe it happens that fast! I just
need some stem plants now as all I have is Java fern and Anubias nana. (most
of our lfs sux for plants)

Thanx for your inputs!
Dave.