Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default pros cons of co2 reactor, I need it??

I've just got my simple CO2 DIY going with the proverbial tubing from 2 L
pop bottle and--so far--a great looking recipe. So far I have 19ppm and the
little brewery is pump'n out like 35-40 bubbles a minute right now (about 24
hours after project start).

Right now the tubing feeds into the intake of my Aquaclear filter and the
impeller breaks up the bubbles and stores the co2 a for a bit in the filter
(acting a bit like a reactor). Why would I want to make a reactor? What are
the pros and cons? Can anyone explain the reasoning and how it works?

I've seen lots of info on how to make them, not enough diagrams however (and
I'm pretty dumb when i comes to converting text instructions into 3D mental
diagrams).

Thanx for all your help guys!
Dave.