Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default starting my CO2 DIY, any tips?

Hmm thanx for letting me know about the check valve. How often do you change
them?

"Dave" wrote in message
"Dave M. Picklyk" empowered us with this mighty blow
against the Patriarchy:

Great idea with the juice bottle! I'm going to do that on the next
concoction. Currently I have a check-valve and the bottle is safely
below my tank a few feet so it can't tip into it Hopefully it being
lower doesn't affect the performance of the C02, I guess if there is
gas pressure and it only has one way to go so it doesn't matter the
position of the source.

I was having problems not getting enough CO2 into the tank, and found that
it was my check valve. I think that over time, they gum up or whatever

and
start giving more resistance to CO2 flow, which can force a leak at your
CO2 bottle. Check valves are great to have but you may need to replace
them every now and then. Just an FYI.