Old 13-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Drobium Drobium is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M. Cook View Post
All my herbs got wiped out last winter. So I am starting fresh.

At the moment I am wondering how many rosemary seedlings I can grow in a 17
inch pot. They don't spread out much but they have extended root systems.
Would 3 seedlings do well in a 17 inch pot?

Paul
It may be a good idea to start off the seedlings in smaller pots (say 3") and then put around 3 into the 17" pot once they've reached a good size in the 3" pot. This will help with the watering problems a bit more as small seedlings in very large pots, can be overwhealmed with watering more.

At work, we usually wait until rosemary is around 6" high before potting them on from 3" pots.
Yay! it's spring!