Old 13-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Bennewby Bennewby is offline
Registered User

Default Growing onions in pots?

Hi all, I am totally new to the gardening world but seem to be doing ok so far.
I recently moved into my flat which has a little garden comprising of a patio and gravel. I am growing things in pots i.e tom, strawberries, herbs, potatoes and its all doing really well so far. I was given some onions that have been grown from seed by a friend and was wondering if they will be ok in pots? Alot of websites say its not worth it but i'm not worried about how many i will be able to harvest ( even if i can just grow one i will be chuffed with it ) just how many i can plant and how much space they need?

Any info will be great

Thankyou