Old 14-05-2011, 12:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Lack of rain problems. And an odd broad bean

Had a good look over the allotment today. Lots of things having problems.
Rhubarb is very floppy. Raspberries are looking shrivelly around the
leaves. And worst of all, the currants are starting to ripen and then
drying whilst still on the plant! :-(

But the really odd thing. I have 2 rows of broad beans, one normal set and
the others scarlet flowered. They are beautiful, should be picked and put
in a vase.

Right in the middle of the scarlet ones is one odd one. I'm not sure if
it's a rogue, got some kind of disease, or is suffering from lack of water.
This 'odd' one, instead of having bright pink flowers has pale pink at the
end of the flowers and are almost black on the main part. They are also
very pretty! But totally unlike either of the others.