Old 14-05-2011, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Buying bedding plants online

On Sat, 14 May 2011 12:24:53 +0100, "MuddyMike"
wrote:

I have in the past used Jersey plants direct. Would any of you suggest a
better supplier as I am about to place an order.

Mike

I've used JP for years without problems but this year I've had 3
"quality control" type problem deliveries out of 12 and have found
that their usual speedy customer service people have slowed down a
lot. I'll probably be going elsewhere next year myself.

Otherwise I regularly use Dobies, Thomson and Morgan and Hayloft and
have never had any problems or quality issues with them apart from the
odd damage in transit which is always sorted quickly.

In the past I've used Fothergills and Parkers but for bedding have had
very mixed results so I avoid the former completely and stick to just
bulbs from Parkers.

Garden Bargains (gardenbargains.com) sell some decent stuff usually
very cheaply but delivery is a nightmare - you never know when stuff
will arrive and customer service isn't if you get my drift.

Jake