Old 14-05-2011, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Low Cost Automatic Waterer for Outdoor or Greenhouse

On Sat, 14 May 2011 16:56:54 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

Are we the only ones in the world with wonderful neighbours?

snipped

Definitely, most definitely and absolutely not.

However, some people are conscious of possible one-way assistance. I
have a largish garden and, depending on the time of year, may have
anything up to 2000 young bedding plants needing watering or, later,
loads of wall planters, tubs, beds and borders. My neighbours have
much smaller gardens. I know they would help but I would not dream of
imposing on them, particularly if I was going off on a 13 week world
cruise.

I accept though that others may have neighbours who really fall head
over heels to offer their services when there is a prospect of a 13
week absence.

I fit holidays around gardening. To do anything else is pure
selfishness.