Old 15-05-2011, 02:19 PM
islaygardener islaygardener is offline
Registered User

Location: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathateria View Post
I know people that have had parts in the filter frozen. In such low temperatures, I would advise bringing the fish inside,in the low temperature.How deep is it?
Thank you for your speedy reply.

I've just measured it - 50cm / 19 " deep.

Good idea about moving them inside in those conditions - possibly in the shed in a large (cleaned out) plastic cattle feed bin.But then would have to artificially oxygenate that ? Would be a problem as there is no electricity out there and I don't want to install any either.

Maybe install a pond heater to be activated during a harsh spell - that would keep the filter etc from freezing, yes ?