Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Jason Judkins

Default Reverse Osmosis Water

The is a product made by Kent products called RO Right that basically adds
trace elements and other important stuff to the water. It is specifically
made for RO water, and it actually does a good job. I have very soft water
(I have a water softener, and that water goes through my RO system, which
goes into the tank). I use this and basically my plants and fish are doing
great! (I have about 13 different species of plant)

The problem with hard water is that it is much more difficult to control the
pH levels, if you want to run a tropical aquarium with plants, you will need
to establish a healthy calance of pH and hardness.

Oh, by the way, NEVER use a phosphate buffer in a tank that has hard (tap)
water... I tried that once and paid the price.

-Jason

" wrote in message
om...
Greg Dalton wrote in message

I live in Ky and we have a really Hard water(limestone)...

Mummm....... KY joke run wild through my mind. Don't worry, I was born
there in Lexington. The joke is on me.

Somebody tell me the benefits of RO water as related to planted tanks?

Plants don't care as a rule. They care about CO2 content, nutriewnts
and light.

Does anyone else use anything else to help hard water?

Help hard water? Most of the most stable aquatic plant ecosystems are
from hardwater systems. That's where most submerged aquatic plants
live and certainly this is the case in the USA and much of
South/Central America.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Thanks for all info regarding this..