Old 15-05-2011, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Anyone willing to donate some turf?

On May 15, 7:19*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Jake" Nospam@invalid wrote in message

On Sun, 15 May 2011 18:09:33 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

Hi all,

I think that I've missed the boat
regards sowing a new lawn from seed and to
be honest, I would prefer to lay turf.... but.... being currently
unemployed
means that I don't have the funds to buy turf.

Grass must be greening up nicely at this time of year.

http://www.mygardenproject.co.uk/data.php

* According to your website you've already spent over £3,000 on materials
for the garden and you have a list of further items you would like other
people to donate, each item specified with its cost, furniture, lights and
parasol etc; the "donations" request list amounts to close to a further
£2000. *Making a total of £4,871.04.

*The good news is that being unemployed, you have plenty of time to rake
stones and prepare your very tiny lawn, and hand water it after seeding..
So go forth, and cast your seed upon the ground.

*Janet

This just doesn't look right to me. This site was not designed by an
amateur. I for one would like to know the relationship between "Andy"
and "Creative Design". If, as" Andy" says in another post, he's only
got a few quid in donations, he's either an unemployed web designer
(and if he's designed this site he shouldn't be unemployed) or he's
got enough cash to pay someone to design the site or he's got some
really *good friends. It's gotta be one of three.

Sorry but I think this is a commercial con trick.

""Commercial;""?

""Advertising""? on this gardening newsgroup/forum?

Would that/could that ........... be tolerated?

Would the 'owners' accept that?

In the words of one of the newsgroup's greatest trolls who has now departed
and off reputedly playing a Pink Oboe, ""I think not""

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Read the full thread Mike, it's advertising on the OP's website.