Old 16-05-2011, 11:19 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebea View Post
5 - Should I cut them sooner or later?
Sooner. I'm pretty sure this is standard technique among bamboo cultivators trying to get a few fat culms. No point letting it waste its energy on culms you don't want. I think some people even think that one should reduce the number of shoots anyway to get it to concentrate its energy on a smaller number of fat shoots. I find that some bamboos have a large number of culms that abort, and part of the problem is too many shoots starting for the energy available.