Old 16-05-2011, 02:29 PM
hazella hazella is offline
Registered User

Location: Norwich, Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathateria View Post
Hi, we had a similar thing,when we moved here.
Except our garden was full of sheds,slabs, (on which the sheds were) and a concrete path.
I dug out a border,we too are on a slope,but I stopped worrying about that,and tried to flatten it as much as possible,so at least its a flat slope.
I add compost,every so often,but its still very stoney,when I dig.
I plant harder plants,that wont be too demanding,and the grass is more weeds than anything...but its green! i will do the lawn properly,when I can afford to seed it.
we have been told we could top soil it all and add compost then flatten it all over but we just cant afford it with such a large garden, its a shame because i have 3 young children who love to play in the garden but its so uneven and stoney with loads of nettles around the side which do not seem to want to go away it's so frustrating, a lovely big garden with so many problems :-(