Old 16-05-2011, 05:11 PM
kathateria's Avatar
kathateria kathateria is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazella View Post
we have been told we could top soil it all and add compost then flatten it all over but we just cant afford it with such a large garden, its a shame because i have 3 young children who love to play in the garden but its so uneven and stoney with loads of nettles around the side which do not seem to want to go away it's so frustrating, a lovely big garden with so many problems :-(
Just do it bit by bit. Try freecycle,for any bits people might not want,like a roller,and shrubs. (where are you)
What do you want doing? All lawn,or flower beds?
You might need a few visits to the tip,to get rid of the stones. I used old compost bags,and emptied them into the recycling skips,and reused them.I was at the tip every other day for 2 weeks,just moving turf and weeds and stones.Nightmare.Very hard and heavy work. Will the kids help? Ours loved the digging!