Old 16-05-2011, 05:50 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] View Post

All this strikes me as the most incredible cheek except in cases of
real *need*, as opposed merely to "I want".
The purpose of freecycle is to keep stuff out of landfill. It is quite conceivable that someone has a working laptop they no longer use because they've bought themselves a newer model, or their kettle bbq has languished unused in the garage for the last 5 years, and someone asking for one can be the incentive to have a bit of a clear out.

So although I agree it seems rather grasping, strictly speaking I suppose there's no reason why they shouldn't ask.