Old 16-05-2011, 05:54 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
The purpose of freecycle is to keep stuff out of landfill. It is quite conceivable that someone has a working laptop they no longer use because they've bought themselves a newer model, or their kettle bbq has languished unused in the garage for the last 5 years, and someone asking for one can be the incentive to have a bit of a clear out.

So although I agree it seems rather grasping, strictly speaking I suppose there's no reason why they shouldn't ask.
And there was a working laptop on offer on our local freecycle only a couple of weeks ago.

What annoyed me was the person who wanted an old cupboard from us, rang to check the size in inches cos mm were beyond them, rang back to confirm it would fit in their estate car .... then didn't turn up as arranged because the cupboard was too small - couldn't they have checked that at the same time they were checking it fitted their car?

I keep a freecycle blacklist ;-)