Old 16-05-2011, 07:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
gardenlen[_2_] gardenlen[_2_] is offline

Default B&S engine idles good, Smokes black at high speed.

g'day bob,

my policy don't look a teh diaphram replace it, once you pull it out
and it dries that can make it worse.

black smoke usually means running rich, look for badly seviced air
cleaner element, replace if it is a paper cartridge type. replace
diaphram, the tune should not alter without human imput to move the
adjustment jet screw, also the spark plug should be in best condition.

for me i'd be hinking something is wrong with the air cleaner setup,
it has become fouled and is acting like a choke causing the machine to
run rich.

keep us informed

we still get unleaded fuel over here that is ideal for low compression
garden equipment engies would not suggest using E10 or other grades of
unleaded fuel in these engines, my mower engine 20 odd years old and
going strong.

On Fri, 13 May 2011 15:32:42 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:
snipped
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

and also: Isaiah 38:1&17-18 KJV

1: Thus saith the Lord, set thine house in order: for thou shalt die and not live.
17: for thou hast cast all my sins behind my back.
18: For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down in the pit cannot hope for truth.

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Seek truth and understanding will follow"

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/