Old 16-05-2011, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default Highgrove

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2011 21:59:54 +0100, "M"
wrote:

"M" wrote in message
"Jake" Nospam@invalid wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2011 20:06:51 +0100, "M"
wrote:

It is possible to book onto a tour of Highgrove gardens. Has anyone
been
and are you able to wonder around afterwards or is it just the tour and
then
you have to leave?

Thanks

HRH is somewhat reluctant to update his website methinks. This is the
link to last year's information:

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/faqs... 24199022.html

No doubt you'll find links on the site to contact for up to date info.

Must admit I wonder why people don't appreciate the possibilities of
"search" in their browsers. The above link appeared immediately when I
typed "Highgrove" into my search bar.

Thanks although this does not really answer the question. The tours
have
timed starts, I want to know, will I be give a whistle stop tour in 45
minutes and then required to leave or can I wonder around all day. The
round trip will be about 400 miles so I don't want to do this if all I
get
inside is 45 minute!

I have now found the answer
"All tours are guided in groups of up to 26 and last approximately 2½
hours,
including time for refreshments and the opportunity to visit the High
Garden
shop."

Of the 2½ hours, how much time is spent in the shop?

And, how much does it cost?

Alan