Old 16-05-2011, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mentalguy2k8[_2_] Mentalguy2k8[_2_] is offline

Default Ladybirds again.. to buy or not to buy

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On May 16, 9:34 pm, "Mentalguy2k8" wrote:
Just noticed plenty of aphid activity on a few plants, was thinking of (or
rather being nagged into) ordering some ladybird adults & larvae and a
house
and food.

Would I be better off spraying the infestation with aphid-killer and
chucking 40 quid over the fence instead? I still have a hard time
believing
that if I buy ladybirds, they're not going to bugger off into the
atmosphere
without even a thank-you as soon as my back's turned. I reckon I might as
well buy a 40 quid jam jar full of air and release it into my garden, and
have the same chances of finding some of it still there the next day.

Anyone with opinions/experiences?

If you have aphids then why would you want food for the ladybirds?
And as for a house for them........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks a lot, cheers.