Old 17-05-2011, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Smokeless fuel for chiminea/firepit?

On May 16, 9:28*pm, "Mentalguy2k8" wrote:
Hi again,

Do any of you run either of the above, and if so have you come across any
fuel that is truly smokeless (or close)?

I bought some of that "smokeless" fuel that looks like a kind of conical
biscuit (it's compressed sawdust), it burns nice and smoke-free and throws
out a decent amount of heat, but it smokes like buggery when it's going
out..... I've had to empty a bucket of water on it before the neighbours
call 999!

The best I've found is the smokeless BBQ coal, but I wondered if anyone has
experience of anything even less smokey? I was toying with the idea of
buying a gas patio heater until I saw the running costs...

Barbeque charcoal.