Old 17-05-2011, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Get rid of foxes by....

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
mogga wrote:

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/environment...fare/foxes.htm

And my apologies for not looking at the link in more detail- obviously,
the
advise to get rid of your earthworms is especially daft!

Here in the colonies, the mayor of Albany, New York just vetoed a bill
that
would have allowed a limited number of people to keep a limited number of
chickens (no roosters), because he didn't want his city infested with farm
animals.
How glad I am to live out in the country where the main rule is "Do
whatever you wish as long as it doesn't frighten the livestock."

We can, if we wish, keep chickens on our lottie. Roosters are not allowed on
the council's fields, but some people keep them on ours because we are over
a mile from the nearest dwelling [unless you count the sewage works]. The
council lottie inspector, who appears to know bog all about gardening, had
the following conversation with one of our plot holders :-

CI "Is that a rooster?"
PH "No, it's a boy chicken."
CI " Oh, that's alright then, you can keep one of them."

He was deadly serious.

--
Kathy