Old 18-05-2011, 07:21 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Moore[_2_] View Post
Figs fruit on 2 year old wood, not on new growth.
An interesting comment, Pam. I've just looked at the two in my greenhouse. The Brown Turkey has about an inch of green growth at the end of each branch which it has put on this year, and this green growth has embryonic figs which I expect to be ripe end Aug/early Sep, ie definitely figs on new wood. The cutting of unknown identity as put on about two feet of new growth this year, and not a fig in sight. If it's not going to put figs on till the second year, then I need to be pinching out tips.