Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Dave

Default can c02 get out of control?

tose (LeighMo) empowered us with this mighty blow
against the Patriarchy:

Hey guys, I'm ecstatic with my DIY co2 setup. Right now I'm getting
about 26ppm (up 7ppm from yesterday which was a day after I started).
What are considered harmful levels?

What you have is a good level. Up to 35 ppm is safe, despite what you
see on CO2 tables.

If my c02 keeps pumping up to toxic levels how can I stop it without
cutting off the supply and guessing when to introduce it again?

Use a powerhead, or adjust the output of your filter, if you can.
Surface turbulence will dissipate excess CO2 very quickly.

And/or add lots of fast-growing plants! ;-)