Old 19-05-2011, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Still more rain

On 2011-05-19 10:34:49 +0100, "Kathy" said:

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 May 2011 08:27:31 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"David in Normandy" wrote ...

Snip

I've emptied the well twice now irrigating the garden. Sooner or later
it
won't recover then my vegetables will stop growing, run to seed or
die.

The only saving grace here is that being near the River Thames we have
high water table, if we were on high ground I think we might just give
up
this season.

The Rhine is the lowest it has been since 1922.
The lack of rain in The Netherlands is causing the North Sea canal to
become saline.

Here in Suffolk it is so dry that they are talking of banning the
farmers from extracting water from the rivers for irrigation.

Someone told Ray they'd seen a frost in part of Suffolk just last week, I
believe.
--
Sacha
South Devon

No frost or rain here on the South East Coast of the Isle of Wight, just
wall to wall sunshine, but then we have just got the sunshine record :-)))

AND a record number of clean beaches as well :-))

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.