Old 19-05-2011, 09:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default Do you have any gardening tips for me?

On May 19, 4:44*pm, Billy wrote:

snip

5) Feed the plants, but not too much - tomatoes like a balanced
fertilizer, with similar amounts of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.
Avoid using fertilizers that are intended for lawns. The high nitrogen
will push the leaves at the expense of fruit. Look for fertilizers
designed for tomatoes and follow the label directions. Or better yet,
throw a shovel full of compost around the plants every other week.

Great advice- all of it, but I WISH I had this much compost!

Chris