Old 20-05-2011, 12:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default Pot conundrum

On May 19, 7:26*pm, "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
So I have 2 pots left, 1 20 inch, 1 17 inch. *The 20 holds 3 cubic feet of
soil, the 17 holds 1.25. *I have seedlings in need of planting, a black
beauty zuke and some lemon yellow cukes. *What would give me the best bang
for the buck? *2 or 3 cukes in the 20 and the zuke in the 17, or 2 cukes in
the 17 and 1 cuke in the 20? *Or some other combo? *I could get another pot
but I am trying to budget this so the food I produce is at least equal to
the cost of growing them.

Both of those will require the whole pot. Find some bowls or large
cans to plant the others. Either recycle some old cans or go trash
picking- in either case, wash them out with bleach (with lots of
rinses afterwards) or run them through a hot dishwasher.

Chris