Old 20-05-2011, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Plant bargains

Yesterday after the wife and I had our session at the Chripodist at
trhe surgery we went to The Range to look at Gazebos, on the way out
they had 5 racks of Plants reduced, 90% of them were junk but amongst
them were a few treasures, and to make them even more interesting they
were just being reduced further.
I bought a pack of 4 peppers £2.49 down to 62p
Solanium Crispum £2.79 down to 50p
Juniper horizantilis in a 3" pot £1.49 down to 36p
Clematis Pixie in perfect condition £9.99 down to £3.24
Clematis Sensation perfect and in flower £9.99 down to £3.24
In all £26.75p worth of plants for just £7.96.
Then in Tesco they had packs of Veg plants £2.00 for 6 to 9 plants,
expensive but they had a pack of Pac Choi, one of the few veg the wife
will eat, multi seeded, when I got it home and was potting on there
were 23 plants in the pack, should do us till my first sowing; which
is ready to prick out now; comes ready.
David