Old 20-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Nat+Steve Nat+Steve is offline
Registered User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drobium View Post
They are almost definately strawberry seedlings.
Lord knows how they got there? could be from the compost or cross contamination of the chilli seed?

Strawberry seeds, if dropped on to most growing mediums like compost, sand, gravel and the like, will germinate and come up like weeds!
thanks alot this explains alot thinking back to march we bought a strawberry growing kit and my delightful son decided he'd help his dad with the watering and poured a whole watering can of water over in the box, so we left it in hope it would recover but after a month we gave up and i just said to other half didnt you reuse that compost for the chilli seeds haha. mystery solved. he's got so many different crops on the go at the mo its easy to lose track of whats in each pot esp when one is marked chilli and up comes a strawberry haha, thanks for your help