Old 21-05-2011, 01:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
DogDiesel DogDiesel is offline

Default Thank god for forums!! Help!!

"Derald" wrote in message
m...

Nad R wrote:

What a waste of effort. When people learn how to use a newsreader and have
access to tens of thousands of forums with just one specialized news
reader
with a news group provider. They will learn much more than gardening or
cooking than using those clunky things called "Web Browsers".

+1!!
I participate in a couple of web-based forums on the Gardenweb site
(participation made possible by "Adblock" and "Betterprivacy") because
they are
local to me and the corresponding usernet newsgroups have no meaningful
traffic.
However, on the whole, the experience is not a good one because the
software
does not thread messages.
Increasingly, ISPs are dropping their newsreading services and making it
necessary for users to find a third party provider. Most of the free ones
of
those do not provide access to binary newsgroups.
--
Derald

Right , im on free eternal september after Century tel dropped giganews.
no binaries.