Old 21-05-2011, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Contrary Weather

I wish the weather would make up its mind. For the last couple of days
I've been planning to trim some low berberis hedges at the front of
the property. Not big enough to use the petrol beastie so using an
electric hedge trimmer.

Script goes like:

1) roll out extension cable from protected socket in garage
2) get out hedge trimmer
3) plug hedge trimmer into extension socket
4) it starts to rain (well more like heavy drizzle but that's enough)
5) grab everything and get back into garage
6) stops drizzling
7) repeat from step 1 to step 5
8) stops drizzling
9) repeat from step 1 to step 5
10) stops drizzling

and so on ad infinitum

Why can't it just rain and be damned. The ground needs it. Drizzle
doesn't help anyone (except maybe the slugs).

Based on reports from Japan, could Dave H perhaps do something to
trigger the Swansea fault into action. Then maybe I'd move 15 or so
miles west and get the rain that Dave doesn't want.

As long as I get about 2 hours of dry to trim the blasted hedge
first!!!!!