Old 22-05-2011, 12:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Sprinkling sugar around tomato plants?

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:
No! My mother always put sugar in rather than a tweak of salt. That
said, I opened a pack of Birds Eye peas the other day (shame but must
admit to it) and was struck by the smell of "fresh podded peas" that I
remember from last year. I put a couple of peas on a plate and left
them to thaw for about 5 minutes before eating "raw" and, must admit
again, they tasted pretty sweet and fresh.

My boys have taught me to eat frozen peas straight from the packet.