Old 22-05-2011, 04:22 PM
ZeroZero ZeroZero is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-C View Post
Hi folks,
The harsh winter seems to have had a debilitating effect on my mint
patch. Usually as June approaches I have swathes of mint, however,
this year there seems to be a drastic lack of growth of new plants. I
have seen various varieties of potted mint available in the
supermarkets but the instructions say that these should be kept in a
warm sunlit spot, ideally indoors and besides a window. Has anyone
transplanted these plants outdoors and to good effect ? I really would
like to get the mint patch flourishing again and I am having trouble
finding mint plants specifically for outdoor planting.

Thanks !

I would say give it a go, the mint is as vigorous plant, it tends to like garden soil and does not thrive in peat based compost. It can become too vigorous, so it might be best to plant it somewhere it cant be a problem. Mint should be very easy