Old 22-05-2011, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default passion flower donations.

On 2011-05-22 18:18:06 +0100, David in Normandy
said:

On 22/05/2011 17:50, 'Mike' wrote:
"FR@$3R wrote in message

Hi to all reading this. I am currently looking for some passion flower
cuttings as i am having absolutely no luck with seeds as i've just gone
through my second lot. Any one who would be kind enough to send me some
if i paid postage would b very much appreciated. hope to hear a reply
soon
THANKS GARDEN BANTER !!
--
FR@$3R 007

""" THANKS GARDEN BANTER !!"""

:-(((((

Oh dear :-((((((((

That will upset the hierarchy of uk.rec.gardening

You just watch :-(

Mike

Well it is rather like thanking a fence for giving you stolen goods.
Sounds like the OP doesn't know that Garden Banter is just a front end
that some people use to access usenet and that Garden Banter harvests the
posts people make here.

I understand that not everyone is clued up on usenet, what it is or how
to use it and personally I don't care how people access this gardening
group. I can understand however why some people get annoyed that Garden
Banter makes money by effectively selling on posts they are "stealing".

But then Googlegroups could be accused of doing the same thing anyway via
their adverts.

Mike Crowe makes this response to almost every post that comes via Garden
Banter. He makes other boasts that he will be proved right about this,
that, or the other and frankly, he isn't. For the most part he is
ignored by members of uk.rec.gardening because he's in most peoples'
killfiles. On the whole people from Garden Banter get a polite welcome
here, receive some information and are invited to join the group
'properly' via a news-reader rather than an advertising medium. Mr Crowe
is not a good gauge of what truly goes on in uk.rec.gardening His aim is
to disrupt it, make it unpopular and shy people away from it, because he
and his 'wisdom' & bragging haven't been welcomed here over the last 10
years or so. In that way only he is urg's hardy perennial troll but he is
NOT a real member of this group and any 'advice' from him should be taken
at the risk of the person advised.
--
Sacha
South Devon

Don't you post some cr"p?

Had you ever thought of starting your own newsgroup/forum whereby you have
TOTAL control and I mean TOTAL CONTROL over who posts because they have to
apply to your good self for PERMISSION to post and the likes of ordinary
people who don't meet your criteria are BANNED?

:-))

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.