Old 22-05-2011, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default Wind

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 May 2011 18:33:51 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I've got wind, and sucking Rennies doesn't help! LOL

My garden is being battered and my small tomatoes, etc are suffering.
One squash plant which was out has had it, but luckily I have 2 others
inside.
I was going to plant some things out on the allotment tomorrow, but I
think I'll wait a few days. "They" say it's going to be worse up
north so good luck to those of you who get it worse than here.

To say the wind is "fresh" here in Leics today would be an
understatement,
although it's been fairly windy for a couple of weeks actually.
No damage up to now, except a few twigs blown off my elderly fruit trees
which will come in useful as kindling for my woodburner later in the
year.
It's an ill wind etc sorry, I'll get my coat..

We are hoping it will blow the !"%^ing pigeons and their nest out of
the tree in our garden.

Why?

Because pidgeons are a pain in the backside, they attack all my green
vegetable plants, and make them unusable!

Alan