Old 22-05-2011, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Garlic question

On Sun, 22 May 2011 20:39:44 +0100, "Wally"
wrote:

When should garlic be lifted ?, I've got some growing
and looks good from the top, the leaves are starting to
turn brown, they where planted last November.
This evening I dug down around a couple of them and
they don't seem to be filling out very well.
Am I too early or have I done something wrong. ??

Leave it as long as possible but watch it carefully. In my experience
the tops die down very quickly and unless you lift it before they do,
you won't know where they are, unless you've marked them very exactly.
I often find stray garlic coming up in Spring because I'd forgotten to
lift it.

Pam in Bristol