Old 23-05-2011, 07:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Planting "supermarket" potted mint in the garden ?

On May 22, 9:45*am, Uncle-C wrote:
Hi folks,
The harsh winter seems to have had a debilitating effect on my mint
patch. Usually as June approaches I have swathes of mint, however,
this year there seems to be a drastic lack of growth of new plants. I
have seen various varieties of potted mint available in the
supermarkets but the instructions say that these should be kept in a
warm sunlit spot, ideally indoors and besides a window. Has anyone
transplanted these plants outdoors and to good effect ? I really would
like to get the mint patch flourishing again and I am having trouble
finding mint plants specifically for outdoor planting.

Thanks !

I have three or four sorts of mint. Indestructable, I have toreduce
the area every year with roundup.You can dig as much up as you like.
The lemon stuff is horrid. Smells like washing up liquid!