Old 23-05-2011, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default passion flower donations.

On 23/05/2011 10:31, wrote:

On a slight side-note - is the fruit from the hardy variety edible? There
is a huge fruiting plant that grows over a wall (presumably from a garden
rather than wild) near me, and the fruit get to what looks like 'ripe' size
and colour, but I was always under the impression that only the non-hardy
variety were edible.

We had a large passion flower growing up the south west side of the
house when we lived in England. It was a perennial, don't know the name
but it was likely a common variety. Anyway the fruits of that were quite
nice to eat when they had turned a golden colour. Sweet.

Not tried eating the ones on the perennial passion flower growing here
in France yet, but I'm sure they will be good to eat too.

--
David in Normandy.

by a filter and not reach my inbox.