Old 23-05-2011, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Wind

Ian B wrote:
Don't know about anyone else, but the number of pigeons strutting
around my garden is very annoying this year. the cherry tree will
need netting in a week or two. :-(

Do pigeons go for gooseberries as well? There are a pair of stupid looking
fat birds hanging around in the garden and I'm wondering if they're waiting
for my cherished first gooseberry crop to ripen. I'll be heartbroken if they
all get stolen.

I've never noticed them doing, but they are probably more attractde to my
currants on the allotment, so the gooseberries aren't as tempting.
Especially witht he spines.

Daniel picked a gooseberry at the weekend and was most put out when I told
him it wouldn't be ready yet. He also found our first ripe redcurrant!