Old 23-05-2011, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lol[_5_] Lol[_5_] is offline

Default Water Butt Treatment

"Janet" wrote in message
In article , says...

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Sadge" wrote

Hi, can anybody suggest a cheaper alternative to the rather expensive
ones on the market please?

Some time ago I was given a "Garden Yoghurt" kit and I use that, both
in
our pond filters and in the rain barrels to keep them sweet and to ball
up
any detritus. Takes a couple of weeks to make a supply
http://www.recycleworks.co.uk/em-gar...-pr-16177.html

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

My waterbutt came with a 500ml bottle of

Organica
RAINFRESH +PLUS
Energy drink for your water butt
"Totally organic and cleans the rainwater".

I'm not sure I'll buy any more when it runs out, as it doesn't say
whether
it is organic.

The rainwater was already organic before you treated it.

Janet

Ahem... that was a joke.
There's nowt anyone's waterbutt needs except 50 gallons of rain. Now, please
Lol