Old 23-05-2011, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Wind

On May 23, 9:06*pm, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
I am glad to say that I have recovered from my poly tunnel excitement, I was
not hurt only cross, I tried to hold on to the frame but stood no chance at
all *but thank you to those who were concerned :-) *While I am here can I
pick some brains, a neighbour had a good sized load off our muck heap some
years ago, she has only just told me that the muck was infested with red
spider/red mite - are they the same thing - and they ruined her vegetables
because they ate all her potatoes ?

kate
still windy Gloucestershire

No.
They were not red spider, they were bright red whilst red spider is
more of a dull orange/ brick colour.
They move much faster than red spider and in fact will feed on them.
There is no way they would/ could eat her potatoes.