Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Default help! plant overload!

linda mar wrote:
Well, I just purchased some plants from TrueAquariumPlants.. and oh my lord,
the 20-30gal selection can probably easily fill a 50+gal tank!!! (thanks
phyl!)

Isn't it amazing?

(amazon and ozelot) without severely affecting their well-being? Also, is
it okay if they get tucked away in a corner? also, can I prune them now, or

I have swords in 3 out of the 4 corners of my tank and they're ok.

should I wait until the roots take hold? (one of the swords are really
sprawled out sideways.. I was hoping I can chop off about 4-5 of the stalks
while leaving like, 10 leaves...

That should be ok. You will probably loose some leaves due to transplant shock
anyway.

also, how does anyone clean the gravel when it's a jungle in there...

You don't. Leftover food and fish poop are plant fertilizer.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv