Old 24-05-2011, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Wind

I am glad to say that I have recovered from my poly tunnel excitement, I
was
not hurt only cross, I tried to hold on to the frame but stood no chance
at
all but thank you to those who were concerned :-) While I am here can I
pick some brains, a neighbour had a good sized load off our muck heap some
years ago, she has only just told me that the muck was infested with red
spider/red mite - are they the same thing - and they ruined her vegetables
because they ate all her potatoes ?

kate
still windy Gloucestershire

Is it possible the muck heap contained manure from animals that had
been grazing on fields treated with weed killer? There's one which
passes through the animal without affecting it but kills off or
distorts plants when used to manure the ground. Did you use it
yourself and have any problems at all?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

The muck came from our own horses, the only thing that I do is pick up the
dropping`s in the paddock. lots of people have used the muck and no one has
had any problems except Mrs Woman next door so I think she is cross about
something, she usually is :-)

kate