Old 24-05-2011, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Septoria on tumbling toms?

On May 24, 10:41*am, wrote:
Jennings wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/4ylfops

Thanks for the replies guys.

There is a photo above. It isn't brilliant, I can do another if you
need.

The markings look familiar, but I can't place it. *My dad thinks it's from
poor watering.

Personally, and I'm no expert (despite the hundreds of tomato plants that I
go through each year - I'm still learning, just on a bit of an over
enthusiastic route! *:-) I would take off the branches that are affected if
they are low down ones, then top up the soil a little higher to make up for
it.

But if someone else has a different suggestion, I'd go with theirs not mine.

Several things it could be.
When tomato plants get wet in the evening and the temp. drops you can
get several things start which then stop when the plant dries up and
the temp rises.
It is always a good idea to look at the back of the leaf as most
things will start there and work through to the front.
Mildew, Botritus, cladisporium are 3 possibilities