Old 24-05-2011, 07:45 PM
islaygardener islaygardener is offline
Registered User

Location: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbush View Post
Hi,

I currently have an average sized concrete terraced yard with about 15 pot plants in. It's north facing but gets a reasonable amount of sunlight. I'm thinking about what I can do to make it "more green", and to attract more wildlife. I would like to retain the shed and decking. Currently we get visits from blue tits, robins, slugs, bees, blue bottle flies, and ladybirds in small numbers.

I would like a patch of lawn but there doesn't seem space for it. Also anything that involved digging up the concrete would probably be expensive.

Does anyone have an ideas for things such as lawns,water features,beds,particular plants that would make my yard more green?!

See attached for photos of my garden.

thanks

Ric
How about a bird feeding station from the RSPB ? Mine has attatchments for everything, including a small bird bath and you could simply isert he stake into a large planter ? What about a half barrel pond for water plants ? And maybe build some raised beds next to the wall ?