Old 24-05-2011, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Chelsea 2011

On Tue, 24 May 2011 18:34:08 +0100, Mike Lyle
wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2011 23:36:07 +0100, Pam Moore

On 2011-05-23 19:54:27 +0100, Dave Hill said:

Watching this evening, it looks like a good show, but Oh dear! where
did they find Christine Walkden?

We like Christine, both in person and on telly. What you see is
exactly who she is, not gussied up, or 'presenting her best side Mr
Goldwyn' etc. I'd like to see more people like her, aware of the
plants rather than themselves.

A friend of mine who ran a gardening club had Christine as a speaker,
and put her up for the night. I'm told she was naturally friendly
and just as she appears. Id rather see her enthusiasm than that Nicky
Chapman who doesn't seem to be a gardener.......

Yes: I see nobody's found out the answer to my question: who the devil
is la Chapman? I'm sure she's excellent at whatever she usually does,
but what's she doing in a gardening prorgramme?

A bit of hunting on the BBC Chelsea pages reveals that :

"Nicki is one of television's most sought after lifestyle presenters,
bringing her own warmth and energy to the screens. Nicki has presented
a wide range of programmes for the BBC including Escape to the Country
and Wanted Down Under. Chelsea is one of Nicki's favourite presenting
jobs, she loves to be onsite surrounded by the experts and indulging
her passion for plants and gardening. She always tries to take away
ideas from the showground to use in her own garden, this year she'll
be hosting daytime programmes with co-presenter Andy Sturgeon."

I have to admit I'd never heard of her until this week. Did she
present anything to do with Chelsea last year, or the year before? If
she did I must have missed it somehow.

And I discovered that Christine Walkden has a web site at
http://www.christinewalkden.com/ in case anyone is interested (I like
her style by the way).