Old 26-02-2003, 07:18 AM
tennis

Default E-bay orchid observations

I have bought a number of orchids off EBay and also a few flasks.
Additionally I have sold a couple plants there. Of course, I feel my
descriptions were accurate, and leafspan measurements, ages, etc, were
objective. I have by and large been quite satisfied with the plants I
have gotten there (in fact, just bought two more today), but then I am
rather selective and ask questions if uncertain; I don't go for it
unless I'm pretty sure. Only one plant has been a disappointment; it was
quite healthy upon arrival and of the specified size. When it flowered
two years later (it was a NBS vanda), it was not as pictured. Not quite
the shape, and definitely not the color. But by that time, I had
forgotten from whom I bought it. I keep better records now. But I always
know there is the possibility of getting screwed. I've just been lucky
so far. And I usually don't look there, but once in a while someone
alerts me to someting they think I might be interested in. Damn them!