Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
chet

Default help! plant overload!

Yeah, ain't it great? Me too. Here's a URL with what I received about three
weeks ago. I started keeping track. I don't know if it is "right or wrong",
but it is what I have and what I've did. I haven't updated the picture after
stuffing the plants into the box of water, but they are growing like crazy.
I keep saying that I'll post an updated photo. Maybe this weekend.

http://home.surewest.net/chet/aquariumplants.htm

Probably similar to the quantity you received.

chet

"linda mar" wrote in message
Hi all,

Well, I just purchased some plants from TrueAquariumPlants.. and oh my

lord,
the 20-30gal selection can probably easily fill a 50+gal tank!!! (thanks
phyl!)

so, in effect, I have way too many plants than my tank can probably hold,
unless I can close-pack some of the larger plants (swords), and somehow
figure out an ingenious way to put it all together...

so.. my question is, how close-packed can you put sword plants together
(amazon and ozelot) without severely affecting their well-being? Also, is
it okay if they get tucked away in a corner? also, can I prune them now,

or
should I wait until the roots take hold? (one of the swords are really
sprawled out sideways.. I was hoping I can chop off about 4-5 of the

stalks
while leaving like, 10 leaves...

also, I've read that you're not supposed to cover the crown of the plants
with substrate.. but if I don't, the larger plants keep floating away

(small
ones stay ok)... will this amend itself once the roots take hold better?

also, I got few java ferns. can I stick them in the gravel too, or do I
need to train it to a rock or a wood like anubias?

also, how does anyone clean the gravel when it's a jungle in there...

linda