Old 24-05-2011, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Wind

On 2011-05-24 21:14:21 +0100, "Kate Morgan" said:

When the wind in a storm has a hold of your greenhouse or polytunnel all
you can safely do is walk away into the wind. You don't want to be on
the receiving end of any flying debris.

I do agree with those wise words Martin, I don't go into the greenhouse
when it is very windy.
As for silly next door Mrs she can go and boil her whatever :-)

kate

The only time I've known this place close (other than over Christmas!)
is when some glass fell out of a greenhouse roof in high winds. *It was
just too dangerous for either the staff or the public to carry on. *
Back to normal next day, however. Your Mrs Wotsit isn't worth your
worry by the sound of it!
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Well with no wind to talk of this afternoon I got the whole field
rotovated and the posts in for the first row of Tree dahlias, but the
forecast is for the wind to be back tomorrow.