Old 25-05-2011, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Calamondin

On Tue, 24 May 2011 12:15:19 +0100, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

Lidl has Calamondin plants coming in this Thursday.

Wikipedia broadly describes them as a hybrid between a Mandarin and a
Kumquat, and as frost sensitive.

Anyone have experience of growing these, and how they perform compared to
lemon trees?

Yes, it's an ornamental orange with mini fruits about the size of a
kumquat but round, and not really edible. I grew one once for a few
years but it went the way of all citrus with me

Dave R

Pam in Bristol